I am currently playing around my website dashboard when i tried reloading a page and yes, i saw the light yellow color on top of my dashboard, which reads:
WordPress 3.6 is available! Please update now.
I don’t know for you, but when ever i see that wordpress has update to a newer version, i just smile and it gets me happy.
According to WordPress developer, Codex, here are some of the fixed issues in the wordpress version 3.6
External Libraries have been updated. More Info
New audio/video APIs give developers access to powerful media metadata, like ID3 tags.
Filters for revisions, allowing you to set the number of revisions ad hoc instead of only via a define. More Info
Semantic Markup allows themes to chose improved HTML5 markup for comment forms, search forms, and comment lists.
Search content for shortcodes with has_shortcode() and adjust shortcode attributes with a new filter.
Among series of others.
Well, the most expected and important of them all is the bug fixed and security issues which are being fixed!.
- Strip slashes from passwords sent to new users by email
- Make sure the url returned by post_preview() is filterable with preview_post_link
- Fix handling of ’0′ as meta_value argument in get_pages()
- Correctly print ‘after’ data when scripts are concatenated in WP_Styles class
- Properly truncate UTF-8 post slugs in wp_unique_post_slug()
- Avoid PHP notices in Media Library if an attachment parent does not exist
- Fix some tabbing issues on the post editing screen
- Avoid notice by checking for user agent in wp_new_comment()
- Avoid notice in parent_dropdown() by checking if post exists before testing post id
- Prevent an unintended visibility change from “Password protected” to “Public” when updating the post
- Avoid a warning in mb_internal_encoding by making sure we have a charset first
- Fix unnecessarily persistent “pending email change” admin message
- Ensure we strictly compare ‘all options’ and ‘not options’ when protecting these special options
- Make sure to reset the modal after gallery insertion
- Add sanity checks on image metadata to avoid warnings
- Avoid an undefined index notice in get_post_type_archive_feed_link()
- Avoid notices when array args are missing in WP_Image_Editor::multi_resize()
- Fix notice in wp_generate_attachment_metadata()
- Avoid PHP notices when deleting or restoring an item that no longer exists
Please for the full details, read it here: