JAMB Result 2020 has been released online, and all candidates who participated in the examination can now use the JAMB result checker to see their scores/performance/grade.
Using this medium, we’ll love to inform and notify members of the general public, that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) management board, has released the 2020 result of candidates who participated in the March 14th – April 4th, 2020 examination.
Here, we will be providing you with the simplest method to check JAMB UTME Result Online.
HOW TO CHECK JAMB RESULT 2020.
- Candidates should know that they can easily now check their JAMB result with registration number only by visiting the joint admission and matriculation board portal @ jamb.org.ng
- When the portal loads up, type in your JAMB Registration Number in the blank box provided.
- Click on “CHECK RESULT” to see your scores.
WHAT IS JAMB CAPS?
JAMB Means Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admissions Processing System (Caps).
JAMB CAPS is a built as a market place into the JAMB portal, and it’s where tertiary institutions ask JAMB candidates who scored up to their cut off marks and above whether they will accept their admission offer or not.’
Through this explanation, I think it’s alright to say that JAMB CAPS can be defined as a process through which intending candidates seeking admission into any tertiary institution of their choice in Nigeria are offered Admission. The JAMB caps also functions as a reliable information portal for JAMB candidates.
It is important to note here, that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) was built to ensure that the admission process into Nigerian tertiary institutions is in compliance with the quality standard, transparency, and integrity.
The CAPS system is designed to curb fraudulent admission offers. Now, it is difficult to pay anyone to give you admission because the JAMB Caps is developed to ONLY give admission to candidates who meet their choice institution cut off points. If a candidate falls short of the cut off mark of the school they selected during their JAMB registration, the student application for admission would be rejected irrespective of the candidate’s connection even with JAMB registration.
The JAMB Caps system was introduced in 2017. Now, the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has made it mandatory that candidates can ONLY be offered admission through Jamb CAPS. It is important that candidates regularly check the JAMB Caps system to accept or reject admission offer from schools who has offered them admission.
How to Use JAMB Caps.
Using the JAMB caps portal is very easy. All you need to do is simply login to use JAMB CAPS through your JAMB profile or Caps.jamb.gov.ng
Why Was JAMB CAPS Launched?
JAMB has had challenges in the past concerning their organization and conduct of the general entrance examination into Nigerian universities, bothering on computer malfunctioning to the issue of lack of transparency in the conduct of the admission process for prospective students into tertiary institutions, the JAMB CAPS was put in place to restore sanity in processing admission for prospective students. So the reasons for JAMB CAPS are:
- Restores sanity in the admission process.
- Lends credence to the admission process by delivering benefits of automation
- Brings innovation that makes the process of admission transparent.
HOW TO CHECK YOUR ADMISSION STATUS ON JAMB CAPS
- You need a functioning internet bundle to check your JAMB admission status.
- Open your favorite web browser, Firefox, or Ucweb, but Google Chrome is the best.
- Go to JAMB CAPS admission checking portal: http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/acceptadmission.aspx. or http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/app_candidates/candidateprofile.aspx.
- Log in with your email and password. The same e-mail and password you used when creating your JAMB profile.
- After you have logged in successfully, On the top of the site, a menu will appear. Click on it and you will be directed to the JAMB CAPS page.
- Options listed at the left-hand side of the screen will appear. Click on ‘Admission Status’.
- When the page loads, your profile will appear including your Jamb result, your selected institutions, date of birth, etc, confirming that you have successfully logged in to the JAMB caps portal.
- If you’ve been offered admission, you will be required to either ‘‘Accept ’’ or ‘‘Reject’’ the admission offer. If you have not been offered admission, you should be checking the JAMB caps portal regularly.
Important Note: It is important that all UTME/DE candidates know this. You should Never accept admission you don’t need because if you do, you have effectively shut your admission door for that year.
Check JAMB Admission Status on CAPS:
- First, you need to visit the Jamb admission status checker using the link provided above.
- Type in your email and password you used in creating your JAMB profile.
- When you have successfully login, go to the Check admission status by clicking on it.
- Take note that your admission status for the current year will appear on your screen. However, some candidates are required to type in their Jamb registration number and select their Examination year.
- If you have offered admission, it is essential you Print out your JAMB admission letter.
- However, if your status shows “No admission given yet”, then you should check it again after 24-48 hours because the results are uploaded in batches.
We are wishing all UTME/DE candidates, success as you check your 2020 JAMB Result.