Web Design Blogs: Five of The Best
Website design has a huge influence on the online presence of a business. As a small business owner, it’s critical to keep abreast of what’s happening in web design.
When searching for a Web Design company to hire for your website design project, there are several things you need to consider. A good web design company will utilize web design strategies that make your website site more likely to be found and listed with a high ranking by popular search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo.
In other words, the better your website design, the more likely your site will be listed on the first or second page of search results. HTML code that is now well written will cause you site to rank lower in the search results display.
Quality Web Design for Your Business
To ensure users will find your site, you need to select a Web Design firm that knows how to code for Search Engine Optimization, or SEO. Clean HTML code is an important consideration in website design. If the HTML code is clean and error free, search engines will correctly index the content of the page, and your site will likely rank higher in the search results.
Some web design companies are better than the others when it comes to optimizing HTML for SEO. As an informed consumer, you will be able to choose the best Web Design company for your needs, as well as the best web design.
In this digital world, the design of your website is as much a key part of your business as are the products and services your business offers. To get you started, here are the five best blogs from the last couple of months.
- Web-Design Decisions of the Coming Year from Epoch Times gives a good overview of the web design developments to keep on top of in 2015, including responsive design, ghost buttons and affordability of fonts.
- 5 Tips for Digital Startups from Socialnomics provides some excellent tips to startup companies for increasing efficiencies in their business. It’s key message to small business is not to focus solely on the business’ innovative goods or services – it is crucial to also attend to the important aspects of running a business well.
- The Huffington Post’s Small Business section features the thought-provoking blog 5 Reasons Website Traffic Is the Lifeblood of Small Business. This is a must-read for the small business-owner – to increase sales you must increase traffic to your website.
- Your Website: Five Crucial Changes to Make Now! This article from MagPress outlines the critical changes a small business owner needs to make in order to see a strong return-on-investment from the time and money invested in the business’ website.
- How to Work with Your Website Designer: Tips for Getting Your Website Delivered on Budget and On Time on Dezzain provides key tips on how a small business can get the most out of working with a web designer.
To ensure your business has a strong online presence, it’s key to keep up-to-date with developments in web design. Implement as many of the tips as possible, to ensure your business website remains current and relevant.
Modern, Standards Based Web DesignGood web design is based on the utilization of current W3 HTML standards. Most companies who perform competent web design adhere to these standards.
Cross Browser Compatibility“Cross browser compatibility” means that your website will properly display in a variety of browsers, including Internet Explorer, versions 6, 7 and 8; Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Responsive Web DesignWith the explosion of the use of smartphones and mobile devices, another consideration for your website’s design is that the site is accessible by smartphone browsers. Your site needs to automatically adjust the size and format of the site to display in the browser of a smartphone or mobile device.
Custom Web Design for Content Management Systems like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and Magento
In addition to becoming a well-informed consumer with regards to the programming techniques of potential web design firms to hire, you will want to select a design firm that provides the services that you need for the technology your site utilizes. Our web design firm specializes in creating custom templates for open source content management systems (CMS) and E-Commerce systems.
CMS systems are sites that enable the site administrator to add and manage content from the front-end with no programming knowledge required. Open source CMS systems are powered by all-inclusive packages, such as Joomla and Drupal. Open source E-Commerce are similar to CMS systems, but provide the additional functionality of the ability to make purchases through the web site via a shopping cart.
Designing templates for open source CMS and E-Commerce packages is a specialized offering that is not performed by many web design companies. Some of the CMS and E-Commerce systems, along with specialized services to be considered, include:
WordPress Theme DesignIf your site utilizes the WordPress platform for blogs or other sites, select a web design firm that specializes in WordPress theme design.
Drupal Theme DesignDrupal, an open source CMS platform, requires specialized skills for theme design. Make sure the design company you select is proficient in these skills.
Joomla Theme DesignJoomla is another open source CMS platform and requires special skills for theme design.
Supported E-Commerce Platforms
Magento Theme DesignMagento is an E-Commerce platform and requires certain skills for theme design.
osCommerce Theme DesignosCommerce is unique when it comes to theme design. Ensure the design firm you select is well-versed in these skills.
OpenCart Theme DesignYet another open source E-Commerce platform, OpenCart is also unique and requires in-depth knowledge of the system when designing themes.